Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dream Wedding and Children -- All on the Taxpayer's Dime

Rachelle Friedman was paralyzed from the chest down as the result of a prank shove into a swimming pool. She was engaged to be married the following month. She has my heartfelt sympathy -- I can't imagine how confined she must feel.

She is now on Medicaid. She says if she marries, she will lose the Medicaid benefits because their combined incomes will be too much, so she and her fiance are just living together. In other words, they are defrauding the taxpayers.

She says as soon as they figure out their insurance issues, they're going to have the dream wedding they had planned for last June -- while they are defrauding the taxpayers. She says they even plan to start a family -- while they are defrauding the taxpayers. I suspect the babies will be on Medicaid, too.

"Health insurance concerns postpone wedding." The Dallas Morning News; November 24, 2010; p. 11A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she has suffered enough, I have MS so know how she feels, I wish her peace and happy marriage and she sorts her insurance out. She is a human being, I would rather see money spent on her care than this idiotic war in Afghanistan ....Touch Ky Khan