Friday, November 28, 2008

Pushing things forward? I think not.

Did you hear about the Miss Texas preliminary pageant for Miss Oak Cliff/Miss Oak Lawn Area? It was hosted by Cassie Nova. Cassie Nova is a drag queen and runner-up Miss Gay Texas 2008. It was held at the Rose Room. The Rose Room is a gay bar. Jean Magness, executive director of the Miss Texas Organization, said, "I didn't know a drag queen was going to have that prominent of a role." She should have known -- isn't that her job?

Barbara Cox, an elementary school teacher, was at the pageant because her daughter was a contestant. "It was pretty clear they were pushing an agenda," she said. "It's never healthy when society deviates to the extreme. I can't see where something like this would be beneficial to our nation. As a matter of fact, I see it as a detriment." I agree with Barbara 100%. So why didn't she get her daughter, demand her entry fees be returned, and walk out? Until we start taking some stands against the gay agenda, things will only get worse.

Dustin Fitzner, the local pageant's executive director disagrees with Mrs. Cox. He said, "That's like saying everything I believe in is immoral and wrong." Ya' think?!! Mr. Fitzner continued to say, "I'm a gay man, and this was a way to support my community." Hmmm -- I didn't realize that was one of the goals of the Miss Texas/Miss America organization. Wonder if they realize that?

Anyway, Cassie Nova summed up very well why we should be fearful of what the gays are doing to American. He said of his stage routine, "I held back quite a bit. My onstage personality is a little bit more vulgar. I edited myself so I could win them over and make them not fear the unknown so much." That's precisely how gays are forwarding their agenda on a large scale -- lull us into complacency and then our younger generation will see nothing wrong with deviancy. If you doubt that, here's what the young winner of the Oak Cliff/Oak Lawn pageant said when asked if she thought having competed in the gay venue would hurt her in the state pageant: "I don't think it will be a disadvantage. I'm glad to be a part of something that's pushing things forward."

"There (s)he is?" The Dallas Morning News; November 22, 2008; p. 1B.

No comments: