Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's unfair!


Bobbie Bell is screaming, "Unfair!" She has been on Section 8 for more than twenty years. According to rules for Section 8, a drug offense by any occupant of the home is basis for revoking the voucher. And Bobbie's teenage grandson, K'Darion, got  caught with marijuana.

Bobbie says she has no other way of making a home for herself, because she is disabled. Perhaps K'Darion should have thought about that before he endangered his grandmother's security. Bobbie's beef should be with her grandson -- not with the agency that's following the rules.

Being the nosy person that I am, I did a little research. I found, not counting Bobbie, seven adults listed at her address. Age ranges for these adults go from 19 to 62, with the average age being 35. I wonder if there's some reason that between them, they can't make enough money to pay the rent.

I think I'll holler "unfair" right along with Bobbie. It's unfair that we're paying the rent for all these people when they can't even obey a simple rule like not buying/dealing drugs.

"Voucher pulled, she must move." The Dallas Morning News; November 22, 2013; p. 1B.

No comments: