Thursday, December 12, 2013

Will you put me in your will?


I have a request for Glendy Martinez. I want her to put me in her will. I would like to have her gall.

Glendy is in this country illegally. She doesn't care if she's a citizen or not -- she just wants to keep working and sending money back to Nicaragua without contributing a darn thing to this country. Glendy is 30 years old. She has one child who was born after she stole across the border. She left three others back in Nicaragua. She says, "It would be such a help if we could work in peace and go back sometimes to see our children."

And it would be a help to us if we could work without paying taxes to support illegals. Oscar Chacon of the National Alliance of Latin American and Caribbean Communities, an organization that advocates for these law-breakers, says, "What they really care about is a solution that allows them to overcome their greatest vulnerabilities." I'm not sure what that means. I suppose if you applied it to, say, bank robbers, it would mean passing a law that the police cannot shoot at them as they are fleeing the bank with the loot. It would mean that they could not be arrested just because they were found with the marked money in the getaway car. It would mean "finders keepers" so they wouldn't have to give back the money they took. It would mean granting them amnesty so they could live to rob another day.

Yes, Glendy, I'd sure like to have your gall.

"Citizenship not ambition for all." The Dallas Morning News; November 21, 2013; p. 7A. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It BURNS my biscuits!