Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Essie

Everybody gets awards these days, so I am inaugurating "The Essie." I like The Essie so much, that it will probably be given more than once a year. But the first honoree will always be able to say with pride, "We received the very first Essie!"

The Essie award is given on the basis of only one criterion -- pure stupidity.

And the first Essie goes to -- (the envelope, please) -- PETA for their campaign to abolish the word "fish" and replace it with "sea kittens."

You see, no one would want to eat sea kittens, but people think nothing of eating fish. On second thought, that might not be such a bad idea -- I can see eating sea kittens with my hush puppies!

CONGRATULATIONS, PETA!

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it.."The Essie"! Awesome idea and your nominees are endless!