Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He gave in.

On December 20, I wrote about the much ado about nothing over Rick Warren saying a prayer at the Presidential inauguration. I said that my respect for Obama would increase a tiny bit if he didn't give in to the rantings and ravings of the gays.

He gave in -- Warren will still be on the program, but so will Bishop Gene Robinson, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop. He will say a prayer at the first inaugural event at the Lincoln Memorial. I agree with Robinson when he says that he believes "Obama will be the most supportive president ever for gay rights causes."

May God help us all!

Dallas Morning News funny -- from a subhead on page 1B of Tuesday's edition: "Traffic officer's caught stashing cocaine in squad car." I don't know about you, but I've never seen a caught stash cocaine before!

"Gay bishop to kick off festivities." The Dallas Morning News; January 13, 2009; p. 5A.

No comments: