Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kwanzaa or Communism?

In an article about the made-up celebration of Kwanzaa, The Dallas Morning News reports that sales of Kwanzaa related items have sky-rocketed this year in the wake of Barack Obama's election. The reporter included the seven principles of Kwanzaa. I find the principles to be contradictory.

One of the principles is self-determination. I don't know what they mean by self-determination, but to me it means working hard, studying hard, and setting personal goals to strive for. If my definition is correct, the next two principles, collective work and responsibility and cooperative economics, are diametrically opposed to it. Collective work and cooperative economics are euphemisms for Communism.

I guess that explains why the Kwanzaaites are particularly elated with the election of Barack "share the wealth" Obama.

"Taking culture to the streets." The Dallas Morning News; December 27, 2008; P. 1B.

No comments: