Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I told you tattoos were nasty!

Essie has a real problem with tattoos. When I go to a restaurant, it almost makes me sick if my server has tattoos. There's a lady I know who is a hair stylist, and she has tattoos all over her arms. I'll cut my own hair before I'll let her do it.

So color me surprised when I read that researchers have found a direct link between the number of tattoos an individual has and the incidence of hepatitis C, HIV, bacterial or fungal infections, and hepatitis B. Causes are improperly sterilized tools and poor hygienic practices and tattoo dyes stored in non-sterile containers.

So the next time I go out to eat, I think I'll specify the non-tat section. And on another note, I wonder how much we paid for this study that anyone with any common sense could figure out for themselves.

"People with extensive tattooing are more susceptible." The Dallas Morning News; August 10, 2010; p. 5E.

No comments: