Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't call me!

OK -- this one takes the cake. Mr. Essie May and I were snoozing away last night, and shortly after midnight the telephone rang. My adrenaline always kicks in when the phone rings late at night, because it usually means someone is very ill, someone has died, or someone has been in an accident. No one calls just to chat in the middle of the night.

Mr. Essie May jumped up and grabbed the phone and said, "Hello." Then he just stood there listening. I could not imagine what was going on. Turns out it was a recorded phone message promoting an upcoming Bill Gothard seminar.

Now I don't like recorded phone calls in the middle of the day, but I'll be darned if I'm going to start putting up with them in the middle of the night! If you don't like them, either, let's flood the legislature with complaints until they outlaw these gross invasions of privacy!

Well, that's all I'm writing for now -- I couldn't go back to sleep last night, so I'm unplugging my phone and going to bed early!

No comments: