Friday, April 11, 2008

It sounded like a . . .

Please don't take this post wrong -- those who have suffered a tornado have my deepest sympathies. I'm always the first one in our household to head to the tornado room when the weather gets bad.

But yesterday afternoon as I watched the news reporters interviewing those who were in the path of a tornado in the early morning hours, I heard the requisite tornado quote: "It sounded just like a freight train!" How disappointed the news media would be without that quote!

I have often told Mr. Essie May that if we are ever so unfortunate as to suffer the effects of a tornado, when I am interviewed, I plan to say, "It sounded just like a passenger train!" I've always been kind of ornery that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your bigger print on this post! I have never heard a tornado but I would say if it is a tornado it must sound just like one!