Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Give me a break!

On the University of California's San Diego campus, a couple of idiots hung a noose in the school library. The young skulls full of mush (to quote Rush Limbaugh) on the campus demanded action from the Chancellor. Blocking the doors to her office, they chanted, "Real pain, real change." Now just exactly what that means, I can't tell you. Perhaps they picked it because it almost rhymes. Who knows.

Anyway, here's the kicker. They know who hung the noose, and I guarantee the two students responsible were black. How do I know this? Because their names were not released and they have not been charged with a hate crime. The Chancellor says one of the students has been suspended but will not release any other information.

Now for the quote from the drama queen. Cheyenne Stevens is an ethnic studies major, so that tells you a bunch right off the bat. She said, "How am I supposed to walk into that building. How am I ever going to be safe there." Gag! She's no more afraid of walking into that building than I am! Give me a break!

Paris News funnies for the day: Krista Goerte says that the Journey Coffee House is available as a meeting avenue for a nominal fee. I think that's "venue," Krista. Might I suggest that you use your dictionary as an avenue to a better vocabulary. And Patrick Graham, no less than the publisher of The News, says that you are hearing political rhetoric "from both sides of the isle." Do you think that after his bride came down the "isle," he took her to an exotic "aisle" for their honeymoon?

"Students protest over noose found in library." The Dallas Morning News; February 27, 2010; p. 7A.

No comments: