Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I had no idea it paid that much.

Back in 2009, Steven and Marisela Alva got a letter from a company that said they had bought the $440,000 mortgage on the Alva's home at a discount. They wanted to share the discount with the Alva's, so they were informed that they no longer owed $440,000. They owed only $314,000. Steven and Marisela can't believe their good fortune.

The bottom line is that somebody paid that extra $126,000. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was you and I. Anyway, that's beside the point I wanted to make with this post.

Mr. Essie May and I are a long way from being able to afford a $440,000 mortgage, and Mr. Essie May is in a management position. Steve Alva is a janitor. Gosh, I had no idea being a janitor paid that well! 

"Investors create mortgage win-win." The Dallas Morning News; November 22, 2009; p. 6A.

No comments: