Saturday, June 16, 2012



I won't be having a gay old time at Target anymore.

I love shopping at Target. But I won't be shopping there anymore. Instead of just staying completely out of the homosexual rights thing, Target Corp. is selling T-shirts to benefit the Family Equality Council -- a group fighting for same-sex marriage. At least a portion of the proceeds from the sales go to lobby legislators to pass same-sex marriage laws.

What's especially insidious about these shirts is that they are not overtly homosexual. One features a cartoonish girl face at the end of a rainbow with the caption "Love is Love." I can see teenagers and others buying them without realizing they are funding the political campaign for gay marriage and promoting it when they wear the shirt. (By the way -- I abhor the idea that the queers have co-opted God's beautiful symbol of His promises to promote their perversion).

Target has the right to promote whatever cause it wants to. I have the right to shop elsewhere.


"Target gets heat for tie to gay marriage group." The Dallas Morning News; June 2, 2012; p. 2D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Target, but they have certainly gotten the dime they'll ever get from me!