Monday, June 11, 2012

I remarked to God . . .

When are we going to stop letting the atheists tell us where we may and may not express our Christianity?  The Lewisville school district has eliminated the terms "invocation" and "benediction" from its graduation program. Even though student-led prayers are perfectly legal, the school district spokesman says, "Our attorneys have made it clear that we can continue to have student-led prayer, but we will call it student remarks."


I guess all of us Christians who have a daily prayer time are now reduced to a daily remark time. I don't know about you, but I don't make remarks to God. I invoke his blessings and praise His name for the good things He's brought into my life. God deserves and expects more from us than remarks.


"Grads' prayers to be 'remarks.'" The Dallas Morning News; May 10, 2012; p. 1B.

No comments: