Saturday, August 25, 2012

That really sticks in my craw!

When my sainted grandmother was really put out with a situation, she would often say, "That really sticks in my craw!" 

Here's something that sticks in my craw. I know several parents who are working their rears off in order to get necessary dental work and medical care for their children. Braces are out of the question. They should just quit and let Medicaid do it. That's what Shannon Ash does. Her three sons all have braces -- courtesy of the taxpayer. From 2008 to 2010, Texas Medicaid spent $424 million of our money to put braces on kids' teeth. So those parents I first mentioned are paying to put braces on Shannon's kids' teeth while their own children do without. 

But they are deemed greedy if they complain about this gross injustice. I ask you, who is really the greedy one?

Paris News funny from yesterday's front page: over a headline on school consolidation, we're told that this article falls under the category of "educaiton."

"Orthodontic clinics closed." The Dallas Morning News; July 27, 2012; p. 1A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It burns my buscuits!!!