Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WWJD?

Using the old "Jesus supports homosexuality" subterfuge, Jeffery Weber says that Jesus did not support discrimination.

Let's see what Jesus, himself, said: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Gosh, I think he's discriminating against those who work iniquity. You know, kind of like those who commit what God calls abomination and then use His Holy name in justification.

What else does the Bible say about Jesus? "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: . . .Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." Wow -- sounds like some discrimination between sheep and goats going on here. Wonder what Jesus Jeffery is talking about? Obviously not the one in the Bible.

"Civil vows not Biblical." The Dallas Morning News; June 1, 2009; p. 12A.

No comments: