Thursday, April 11, 2013

I wonder . . .
 
Sam Madden of Garland doesn't like it that the jury exemption for parents applies only to those parents with children under the age of 10. He says he is the custodial parent for a child who was 10 years old when he was summoned for jury duty. He says if he had been picked for that jury, he wouldn't have been able to afford day care.
 
I wonder what Sam does with his daughter when he's working? I also wonder about his contention that he cannot afford child care. In another letter to the editor, Sam says, "I have been manager of financial planning and analysis for a public company and a CFO for a private company."  Sounds to me like he's doing OK. Surely, if he can manage the finances for a company, he can manage his personal finances enough to be able to provide care for his child. 
 
I wonder if Sam just didn't want to serve on a jury and was looking for a reason not to.
 
"Single Parents need exceptions." The Dallas Morning News; August 21, 2009; p. 28A.
 

No comments: