Thursday, July 4, 2013

Profiling?

The George Zimmerman trial is big news right now. I don't know whether George Zimmerman was a trigger happy vigilante or not. He may be guilty as sin. I do know that Trayvon Martin was not the angel his family portrays him to be.
 
At any rate, I find it amusing that the charge of profiling is front and center in this case. Rev. Gerald Britt (I don't really know what gives him any expertise in this area) says that the recording of Zimmerman's 911 call "profiles Martin." I guess that's a matter of perception, but Zimmerman did not specify a race until prodded by the dispatcher.
 
Now let's look at the other side of this "profiling" thing. Have you noticed that anytime a white person kills a black person, the "community organizers" come out in full force claiming racism? Isn't that profiling? If you're white, you must be a racist?
 
Kind of like the pot calling the kettle . . . oh well, I don't want to be accused of profiling here, so I'll just let you finish the thought.
 
"Denials aside, Martin case is about race." The Dallas Morning News; April 9, 2012; p. 11a.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy you hit the nail on the head with this one! Plus, I am sick and tired of hearing that he was returning from the store with a "cola and a SMALL bag of Skittles"...like he was a preschooler! Does the size of the bag of Skittles really matter?

They were arguing the other day over Zimmerman's injuries saying they were not consistent with the beating he described. That's pretty strange because it looked like to me his nose was broken! I say that's a pretty substantial beating!