Sunday, October 6, 2013

Maybe it's just me . . .


Maybe it's just me, but I think that if were undergoing chemotherapy for Lupus, and I had a child with a rare epileptic disorder, getting a tattoo would be the last thing on my mind.

But, lo and behold, down at the tattoo parlor we run into Angie Proffer Andrew getting "a meaningful tattoo to support her daughter." Maybe it's just me, but if I'm taking chemo, and someone asks me what they can do to help me, I'll just bet I can come up with a more constructive avenue of support than telling them to get a "meaningful" tattoo. On the other hand, maybe the child made a miraculous recovery when her little 13-month-old eyes beheld her mama's ink.

"Ink links faith, hope and girl's future." The Paris News; September 15, 2013; p. 1A.


No comments: