Monday, November 25, 2013

Real Football Heroes


I hate it when sports figures are referred to as heroes. They may be dedicated, hard-working, and they may excel at what they do, but catching a touchdown pass or slam-dunking a basketball does not a hero make.

That being said, when it comes to taking a moral stand, here are some football heroes. The 1972 Miami Dolphins recently received an invitation to the White House because they are the last NFL team to go undefeated. But some of the guys on the team respectfully declined because they do not agree with Barack Obama and his policies.

"We've got some real moral compass issues in Washington. I don't want to be in a room with those people and pretend I'm having a good time," Jim Langer said.

Bob Kuechenberg agreed. "I just don't believe in this administration at all. So I don't belong."

"I'll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the President's," Manny Fernandez said.

If you want to see heroes, sometimes you have to look at what's going on off the field.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23236793/some-member-of-72-dolphins-refuse-white-house-invite

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How refreshing to see football legends with the courage to stand up and speak out instead of bending to White House pressure.