Saturday, January 11, 2014

Nightmares happen.

When I was a kid, they always televised the Rose Parade from California. I loved it. I was fascinated by the roses covering the floats, by the bands, and by the gowns on the beautiful girls riding the floats. It was quite a pageant, and I can only imagine how beautiful it must have been to see it live.

But now that's been ruined. This year, a float with a giant wedding cake was the venue for two queer guys to "get married." And the organizers of the parade allowed this travesty because the float "fit the theme of Dreams Come True." As the teenagers used to say, gag me with a spoon!

Jennifer Adair was on the streets with her lesbian partner cheering. "We're a modern-day society, so accept it," she said. What happened to "just tolerate us"?

"Gay couple wed at Rose Parade." The Dallas Morning News; January 2, 2014; p. 6A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, there is no end to their "in your face" attacks. :(