Sunday, May 11, 2014

You cannot condemn love.

Steve McCluer is mad at the Methodist Church. He says they should change the name from United Methodists to Exclusive Methodists because they will not allow homosexuals to hold key offices in the church. (Remember, homosexuals only want toleration -- yeah, right.)

Steve McCluer says that if you want to believe that God created us all, then you must accept that God must have a reason for creating people of all stripes. I can go for that. I won't argue that point. What I will argue is that God did not create us for perversion. He created us for His glory: "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him . . . For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Steve says that "You cannot preach 'love' and then condemn love when it does not match your preconceptions." I suppose Steve is trying to wax poetic and philosophical on us with this one, but I can tell you that what God has called abomination has nothing to do with preconceptions about love. Homosexual behavior has nothing to do with love and everything to do with fleshly perverted lust.

Incidentally, Steve, if you're reading this, suppose you answer a question for me, and we'll see how you really feel about accepting "love" that doesn't match your "preconceptions." Two consenting adult males want to get married because they are true soul mates and have been in love since they were teenagers. Should they be allowed to marry? By the way, they happen to be brothers. Does that fit in with your preconceptions?

"Methodists hypocritical." The Dallas Morning News; March 25, 2014; p. 10A.


No comments: