Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It was global warming, of course!


Did you hear about the big, unexplained crater in Siberia? It's that nasty old global warming causing it -- "a build-up of excessive pressure" underground due to rising temperatures. Wow! I didn't know that a few degrees warmer outside could cause such disruption underground. Wouldn't you think it would take a very large temperature change to cause a 66-yard-wide crater?

Remember the summer of 1980 around here? Do you remember all the holes that opened up then? The only holes I remember were the holes the work crews had to dig to repair shifting water pipes. I don't remember any craters. However, they certainly should have existed. If you have any pics, let me know, and I'll share them.

"Russian crater blamed on rising temperatures." The Dallas Morning News; July 18, 2014; p. 10A.

No comments: