Thursday, August 14, 2014

You're too stupid to be a Republican.


Just when you think you've heard it all . . . Roland D. Freeman is forsaking the Republican party because he doesn't like his middle name. It seems that Roland's drivers license has his middle name on it, and his voter registration does not. So he received a brochure encouraging him to change his voter registration -- I'm sure in an attempt to make it easier for him when he goes to the polls.

I face the same thing when I vote. My voter registration has my middle name on it while my drivers license has my maiden name on it. All I have to do is sign a little affidavit that says that my drivers license and my voter registration belong to the same person, and that I am that person.

At any rate, Roland says it annoys him to have to use his middle name, and it's stupid to ask him to use it. He says that the Republicans will be losing a 50-year loyalist. I guess it hasn't occurred to Roland that his gripe is not with the Republican party but with his mama. Frankly, Roland, I think you're too stupid to be a Republican.

P.S. I did a little Google search and discovered Roland's middle name. Think Donald Duck's nephews.

"Voter registration." The Dallas Morning News; August 6, 2014; p. 20A.

No comments: