Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ah - the good old days!

I loved President Bush (the younger), but I disagreed with his stance on illegal immigrants. The only logical thing to do with illegals is round them up and send them home. The President was more inclined to be lenient and let them jump the line to gain legal status.

But then I came across this tidbit. Immigration prosecutions in the federal courts more than quadrupled during the eight years of the Bush administration, and Texas' led the nation in the surge with 25,061 prosecutions in the Southern district. Granted, I don't know what happened with these prosecutions and where these illegals are now, but that was at least a start. I fear the prosecution numbers have dropped since January 20 and will continue to do so.

"Immigration prosecutions surge under Bush's watch." The Dallas Morning News; January 13, 2009; p. 1A.

No comments: