Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's all about the money.

Our history books and educational system push Martin Luther King, Jr. as the great messiah. Too bad his family didn't take after him. They've charged the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial Project Foundation $800,000 to use his image and words in the National Mall memorial they plan for him. I really don't care what a private foundation chooses to do with its money. The sentence that caught my attention in this report was this one: "The memorial . . . is being paid for almost entirely with private money. . ."

What does "almost entirely" mean? Personally, I find it offensive that any of my tax money is going toward a memorial to a known adulterer and plagiarist. I find it even more offensive that his greedy kids have their hands in the till.

"King family charges foundation $800K." The Dallas Morning News; April 18, 2009; p. 7A.

No comments: