Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wish I'd said that.

Joan McGeachy of Dallas wrote a letter to the editor recently. It made such a good point, and I couldn't state it any better than she did, so I'm just going to share her letter with you verbatim.

"Watching the Today Show interview with Michelle Obama recently, I saw the First Lady gush about how her husband was usually at home by 6:30 p.m. for dinner.

She also talked about how they were able to make the children's games and events. Good for them.

But isn't her husband supposed to be running the country? My husband runs a company. In today's economy, he works constantly. His children rarely see him. But we all understand his responsibility to his employees and stockholders, especially right now. Where is the president's sense of urgency and work ethic? I hope President Barack Obama enjoys the Super Bowl this weekend -- my husband will be working."

"Obama's down time." The Dallas Morning News; February 7, 2010; p. 2P.

No comments: