Saturday, May 22, 2010

What a mixed up, immoral place this is!

I'm sure most of you have seen the Youtube video of the little 3rd grade girls doing the racy, vulgar dancing to "Single Lady." If you haven't, just picture pole-dancing little girls clad in Victoria's Secret raciest underwear. And their parents are proud of them!

Then in last Friday's newspaper, there was an almost full-page article with color photos about a bunch of drag queens coming to Dallas. This gushy, saccharine article talked about all their fans and how they were picked up in limos and given all sorts of other VIP treatment. They refer to them as "drag dignitaries." Here's an excerpt to show you why I'm so concerned for the future of our country:

"Between fittings . . . the ladies meet with members of Youth First Texas, a Dallas-based nonprofit serving gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender youth.

'I know you,' Tatianna says to Flower Mound's Alex [described earlier as a 'giddy teenage fan'], shaking the 15-year-old's already shaking hand. 'You sent me a message on MySpace.'

'I want to be a drag queen so bad,' says the teen, who's already chosen his nom-de-stage name, Fitzy Iridescent. 'I am counting down the days until I get to do it professionally.'"

I wonder if Alex's parents are as proud of him as the parents of those little girls are of them? Great job, Dallas Morning News -- no wonder your circulation figures are in the pits!

"And don't, uh, 'mess' it up." The Dallas Morning News; May 14, 2010; p. 10E.



No comments: