Sunday, September 4, 2011

The devil made me do it.

Remember years ago when comedian Flip Wilson did his Geraldine routine and would say, "The devil made me do it"? Well Amirmakan Ahmadpour has a different take on that. God made him do it.

Amirakan went in to the Viewpoint Bank in Carrollton August 18 and robbed it. He was shortly nabbed by the police. He told them he was only doing what the Lord asked him to do. When the officer asked him what the Lord told him to do, he said, "Go into the bank."

When the jury comes back with the guilty verdict, I guess they can tell Amirakan that God made them do it.

By the way, this made me think of those old Flip Wilson routines, so I looked some of them up on Youtube. If you've got the blues, take a look at some of them. They'll crack you up, and laughter is good medicine!

"Accused robber says Lord made him do it." The Dallas Morning News; August 30, 2011; p. 3B.

No comments: