Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is this what our armed forces personnel should be learning?

All the gays are excited because they can now serve openly in the military. Here are some other reasons why I'm anything but excited about it.

The military now holds sensitivity training to teach our armed forces to be nice to the homos. One mother of a gay serviceman said that after the training, the "harsh remarks" stopped. I question the ability of a man to serve when he is so "sensitive" he can't handle "harsh remarks." What's he going to do if he's captured and the enemy tortures him?

More than 2 million military folks have now taken courses on how to deal with witnessing same-sex partners kissing after a deployed ship comes home. I wonder how long they sat in that class? I don't care what their reactions to perversion are. What I want them to be able to do is defend my country! There are only so many hours in the day. What relevant training do you suppose was left out so we could make them "more sensitive"? On the other hand, how many hours do you suppose were devoted to teaching gays how to be sensitive to the feelings of those who find their public displays of affection offensive? If I were a betting woman, I'd put a bunch of money on zero!

In San Diego, 200 active-duty personnel made up the nation's first military contingent to participate in a gay pride parade. The Marine Corp Times proclaimed on the cover, "We're Gay. Get Over it." I'll say it again, friends:  We are in deep doo-doo!

"Gay service members prepare for ban's end." The Dallas Morning News; September 11, 2011; p. 8A.

No comments: