Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I don't think so.

Adelfa Callejo died earlier this year. She was a civil rights leader in the Dallas area. I don't know much about her, but I do know her eulogist credited her with far more influence than she has.

Bishop Kevin Farrell said of her, "We have an advocate in heaven."
That is blasphemy. Yes, we have an advocate in heaven, but it's not Senora Callejo.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus . . ."

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous . . ."

I'm sure it was done in simple ignorance, but the Bishop should know better.

"Bishop praises Callejo's pursuit of justice for underdog." The Dallas Morning News; January 31, 2014; p. 1B.

No comments: