Saturday, March 1, 2014

Think about it.

Scott Parr of Red Oak takes people to task for not being comfortable with gays and lesbians sharing locker rooms and showers with people of the same sex. He says this is a homophobic attitude . . . "as if they are patently unable to control their sexual urges and that we heterosexuals are in constant danger of their unwanted advances."

The uneasiness of people sharing locker rooms and showers with queers is understandable unless you are a total doofus. Look at it this way, Scott. I am a female heterosexual. I do not want males in my shower room even if I am perfectly confident they can "control their sexual urges." Similarly, I do not want to shower with a female who thinks she's a male.

Another thing, Scott. If you're perfectly comfortable showering with a queer, maybe you better give some thought as to whether you really are a heterosexual or not.

"Gays in the shower." The Dallas Morning News; February 19, 2014; p. 16A.

No comments: