Thursday, May 22, 2008

Obama just wants to be your big brother!

The more I learn about Barak Obama, the more apprehensive I become about what will happen to us if he becomes the President. I am not one to go for rumors and wild speculation, but this pretty much comes from the horse's mouth.

Here is a quote from Michelle Obama:

"He (Barack) is going to demand that you shed your cynicism . . . that you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."

Here is a quote from Barack:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times . . .and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK."

He demands that we shed our cynicism? Cynicism can be a very good thing, particularly when you're dealing with politicians! He demands that we come out of our comfort zones? What business is it of his how we live? He demands that we push ourselves to be better? Better by whose standards? His? He will not allow us to go back to our lives as usual? I don't know about you, but I like my life and my freedom! I don't want him controlling what I am allowed and not allowed to do.

We can't drive our SUVs? Does that mean he's going to give up his jet? We can't eat as much as we want? Does that mean food will be rationed? We can't keep our homes at 72 degrees? How does he plan to enforce this? Wouldn't there have to be some sort of surveillance? Since when do we need other countries to approve or disapprove of our lifestyle?

This is a dangerous man controlled by an even more dangerous woman, and we better take both of them seriously!

No comments: