Sunday, December 6, 2009

You voted for change and look what you got!

Would you like a visit to the White House bowling alley? You can get one if you give Obama $300,000. Documents detailing the "price" of meetings with administration officials and White House visits were discovered by The Washington Times in October. The White House calls this "donor maintenance." They said it does not provide any quid pro quo. Perhaps they need to get a dictionary. Quid pro quo means I'll give you x and you give me y. Sounds pretty much to me like I'll give you money and you give me a trip to the White House. I guess the proof would be in whether or not you could call up and get an invite from Barack and Michelle without contributing a small fortune. I kind of doubt it.

"GOP seeks investigation into donor program." The Dallas Morning News; October 29, 2009; p. 13A.

No comments: