Thursday, December 31, 2009

My 4-year-old rules the roost!

What is wrong with parents? There's a goofy couple in Mesquite who are allowing their 4-year-old to sit in alternative classes because they won't cut the kid's hair. And they're griping about the school district because, "they care more about his hair than they do his education."

The clueless parents of this child say, "The school cannot give us an honest reason why we should force him to cut his hair." Sure they can and did -- it's in the written school policy that a boy's hair cannot touch his collar or hang down into his eyes. The father says, "My son is being singled out. I don't know why." Well, duh! Because he's the one with the long hair!


I don't recall being asked when I was four how I'd like to wear my hair, what I'd like to put on that day, or anything else pertaining to my upbringing other than I might have a few choices on what to eat. This child's father says, "He loves his hair." Maybe so. Maybe he also likes to play in the street, jump into water over his head, play with matches, and dance around outside in lightening storms. Four-year-olds don't know what's good for them. Unfortunately for this one, neither do his parents.

"A hairy situation for 4-year-old." The Dallas Morning News; December 16, 2009; p. 1A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why our country is falling apart! There is no common sense...four year olds are running our country.