Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My name is Essie May, and I approved this message.

I have become a very popular person. I've never been so courted in all my life. And by such famous people, too! In the last week, I've received numerous phone calls every day. Barack Obama has called me, Governor Rick Perry has called me, the Lieutenant Governor has called me,Hillary Clinton has called me at least five or six times, Pastor Hagee (or however he spells his name) has called me, John McCain has called me, Mike Huckabee has called me, assorted judges have called me, several prominent local folks I haven't heard from in ages have called me -- I'm just completely giddy!



But enough is enough! Don't call me again! I don't like being pestered by automated phone calls! I can assure all the candidates out there that a recorded voice will in no way influence the way I cast my vote. And if it could influence the way I vote, my voting privileges should be revoked! Send me a mailout if you want to, but QUIT CALLING ME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!