Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Preach on, Brother!

I wrote earlier this week ("Do I have an amen?") about Atrevia Washington's woes. Here's a little update from today's news:

It seems I was not the only one with questions. James Ragland says that "to many readers, Ms. Washington is hardly a sympathetic figure. . .Many readers focused on . . .the dire circumstances which Ms. Washington created for herself (italics mine) by having four children out of wedlock." He also says that Ms. Washington accepts responsibility for bad decisions she made. Oh, really? In what way? Looks to me like the taxpayers are burdened with that responsibility.

Ms. Washington, herself, says she doesn't think she's messed up her life. "My kids make my life better." Well, Atrevia, there are some things that would make my life better, too, but I don't have them because I CAN'T AFFORD THEM -- mainly because I'm supporting your illegitimate brood. If kids make your life better, have 20 on your own dime, but don't expect me to pay for them. What arrogance! What presumption! I don't think you'd like it if I showed up on your doorstep every time one of your government checks came in and collected 30% off the top so I could have a better life. Yet that's exactly what you do to me in my place of WORK every time I pick up the paychecks I've EARNED. And as for that deadbeat father who won't support his children because "he doesn't work," have his butt thrown in jail! At least if he's there, he won't be fathering more welfare kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!!