Sunday, July 13, 2008

But the rules don't apply to me!

Robert E. Sweely of Irving is not happy with the Irving Police Department. It seems they gave his son a ticket for riding his bicycle through a stop sign in a residential area. The ticket cost him $172. This is unfair, because the son slowed down and looked both ways. And the policeman obviously missed the fine print on the sign: "STOP - except for Mr. Sweely's son who has only to slow down and look both ways."

Thank heaven this did not happen, but I wonder who Mr. Sweely would be blaming if his son had been hit by an oncoming car?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Essie May,
I love reading your posts but wonder if you could link to the news stories you are commenting on? I'd like to be able to read those after reading your take on them. Thank you!

Holly

Essie May said...

I'll try to remember to give the complete references for my sources -- I've been remiss in doing that!