Saturday, July 12, 2008

Press 1 to speak to a representative, Press 2 if you're stupid.

I got one of those privacy-invading recorded telemarketer calls this morning. Is it just me, or is this, as Mr. Spock would say, illogical?

Here's what the recorded voice said:

"Do not be alarmed, but this is your final notice to receive a reduced rate on your current credit card account. You will not be notified again. Press 1 to speak with a representative now. Press 2 if you do not wish to receive further phone calls."

Is the recorded voice a liar or just stupid? Or do those people behind the recorded voice think I'm stupid?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha....I'm ashamed to say that I never noticed what a stupid statement they made!! You can always count on Essie May to catch them!!