Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No more! No more! You're driving me crazy!

Aren't you tired of advertising? You go see the ball game in a stadium named for some big corporation. You go to a concert hall named for some big corporation. You get little pop-ups on your TV screen while you're watching your favorite program. There is product placement in every movie. There are flashing signs and billboards on every street and highway. You get annoying pop-ups as you surf the web. "Enough!" we scream.

Ah -- but it's not enough. A special-effects man has come up with a new technology that will fill the sky with foamy clouds shaped like corporate logos. He calls them flogos. "There was no way to ignore the test clouds as they floated lazily overhead," said Augie Hendershot, police chief of the city where flogos are being tested.

I don't know about you, but I don't want my beautiful Texas sky messed up with a bunch of man-made clouds trying to sell me stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I get so sick of seeing the same commercial within five minutes again.

Anonymous said...

I don't want it either..how do we stop it?? I'll sign any petition or show up at any protest. I love our Texas sunsets...how dare they try to screw them up!