Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I see England, I see France, I see someone's . . .

Hooray for Lynwood, Illinois! They've passed an ordinance outlawing saggy pants. Showing more than three inches of underwear in public will net a sagger a $25 fine. The ACLU complains that the ordinance targets "young men of color." A law is a law, regardless of who's more prone to breaking it. White folks will pay the same $25 fine for going around with their unmentionables showing.



Joe Klomes, a resident of Lynwood and obvious fashion plate, says the new law infringes on his personal style. He says leaders should instead spend money on making the area look nice. Well, duh, Mr. Klomes! Isn't that what this ordinance is all about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only complaint is that it hasn't been made a Federal law!! I'm sick and tired of seeing people with their britches only pulled up to the bottom of their butt. I've decided if they are disrespectful enough to dress (or undress as the case may be), I have the right to ask them to pull up their pants or leave our store! I've done it on more than one ocassion and will continue to...even if it may cost a sale! Some things in life are more important...and this is one thing I will always take a stand on.

Anonymous said...

It is sickening to see some of these SLOBS. I think it should be outlawed!