Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coming to a public school near you!

I don't have any thoughts too much on this particular incident, because it occurred in a private school, and they can do what they want. I just know I'd be pulling my kid if he went to that school. The danger I see is it spreading to a public school near you. And since it's not Christian, I'm sure we'll have to be tolerant.

Last month, the Episcopal School of Dallas celebrated the Indian Holi festival of colors. It is usually celebrated in countries with large Hindu populations, and it is closely associated with the god Krishna. The celebration included food, music, henna tattoos and throwing colored powder on each other. Many devotees also burn bonfires in celebration of the god Vishnu burning a demon goddess.

The link below will show you all the pagans-in-training celebrating.

Paris News funnies: I've commented on this before, but it drives me nuts. There was an engagement announcement in last Sunday's paper. It said, "Mary Smith and the late John Smith announce the engagement . . ." I'm here to tell you that if John Smith is indeed "the late" John Smith, he didn't announce anything. And if he did, there's something really spooky going on in the Smith household. The announcement next to it said, "Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy and Susie Jones and Mr. Billy Bob Johnson announce . . ." Is bigamy legal in Texas?

"Welcoming spring with a flourish." The Dallas Morning News; March 12, 2010; p. 10B.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/?z=y&nvid=413376

No comments: