Friday, March 5, 2010

Pigs to the Trough

Tessa Savicki isn't married. She gave birth in 2006 to her ninth child. She's suing Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts, because when she had her last child by Caesarian section, the doctors did a little more work -- they tied her tubes. She says her current partner wants another son, and she can't give him one. She's afraid he'll leave her.

Tessa says how many children she has is no one's business but hers. I beg to disagree. You and I are paying for all her illegitimate kids. She's a welfare moocher. Professor Linda Fentiman of Pace University School of Law sees things Tessa's way. She says that some people " . . .think poor people shouldn't have the same rights to reproduce as everybody else." Their reproductive rights are not the problem here -- their drain on hardworking sensible people is. What idiot thinks having nine children when you can't put food on the table is a wise thing to do? Tessa's lawyer says, ". . .it just blows your mind, because you see how ingrained the bigotry is against poor people." What a crock! Being resentful of welfare cheats has nothing to do with bigotry against the poor. I have every sympathy for the poor. I have nothing but contempt for moochers like Tessa.

Fentiman further says that we have a lack of respect for "women's reproductive autonomy." I say that if a woman really wants to be autonomous, she'll take care of her own children and not expect the taxpayers to foot the bill.

Tessa says, "Does it really matter how many kids I have? They sterilized me without my permission, and here in the United States you have your rights. No one can tell you to do anything." That sounds good, but let's analyze it. Does it really matter how many kids she has? Not if she's paying for them, but when I'm paying for them, it does. "Here in the U.S., you have your rights -- no one can tell you to do anything." Guess the IRS hasn't heard that one -- they tell me every pay period how much they're going to take out of my check and hand over to Tessa and her ilk. They sterilized her without her permission -- and they're my heroes for having done so!

"Sterilizing the poor." The Dallas Morning News; January 31, 2010; p. 6P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! In my opinion, EVERY mother on welfare should HAVE to have her tubes tied immediately after giving birth. If they don't want that procedure done, then they should pay for the delivery themselves.

Anonymous said...

Exactly my sentiments!