Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did they take the day off?

ShaVunda Horsley and about 50 others gathered at Dallas City Hall Plaza in their swimsuits on a Wednesday afternoon to protest the closure of some of the municipal swimming pools. "We think it is unfair to hold down the taxes of the rich by tearing down the programs of the poor. I've never seen such affluence refusing to tax itself," said community organizer John Fullinwider. Then they pulled out the old "if our kids don't have anything to do they'll be criminals" gag. One of the protesters said, "To me, it's leading to the criminalization of our youth." That's a new one to use as a defence -- "Judge, I couldn't help it. I didn't have a swimming pool when I was in the 'hood." Give me a break!

My first question is why these people aren't at work in the middle of a weekday. My second question is why it's someone else's responsibility to provide them a swimming pool.

My observation is that "community organizers" (remember, Obama was a community organizer) like to claim they've done something to help the poor when really all they've done is robbed the rich (and their definition of rich is anyone who works hard for a living and takes care of himself and his family). The real definition of community organizing is "redistributing the wealth." If Mr. Fullinwider wants to be a community organizer in a true sense, he won't be at City Hall trying to take someone else's money for something that's non-essential. He and his "community" will be out WORKING and raising funds to build their own community pool.


"Rally tries to make waves." The Dallas Morning News; August 19, 2010; p. 11B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That entitlement attitude just seems to be spreading like wildfire!