Friday, November 4, 2011

Astonishing Stupidity

Tim Fisk of Richardson thinks the Republican candidates for the Presidential nomination are too harsh on illegal aliens. He wonders "when was the last time any of them exercised the bedrock American virtue of self-reliance and mowed their own lawns?"

I fail to see what one has to do with the other, but there is certainly nothing wrong with paying someone else to do one's chores as long as he's in this country legally. I wonder if Tim exercised the bedrock American virtue of self-reliance and built his own car? I wonder if Tim exercises the bedrock American virtue of self-reliance and repairs his own air conditioning? I wonder if Tim exercised the bedrock American virtue of self-reliance and built his own house brick by brick? I wonder if Tim exercises the bedrock virtue of self-reliance and cans the food he grows in his garden and butchers the cows and pigs and chickens he raises? 

The only other response I can think of for Tim is "astonishing stupidity!"

"Any do-it-yourselfers?" The Dallas Morning News; October 23, 2011; p. 3P.

No comments: