Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Follow the logic.

I'm sure you remember last year the immigrant (I don't remember what nationality he was -- somewhere from the Middle East), who shot and killed his estranged wife, his children, and some of his wife's family at Christmas.  It is theorized that he was angry because his wife and daughter were becoming too westernized. One of the surviving relatives says that the U.S. should have tighter gun-control laws to prevent such tragedies.

So, this man who didn't mind breaking the law to commit mass murder, wouldn't have done it if it had been illegal for him to have the gun? Yeah, that makes sense -- "I planned to kill you. Unfortunately, it's illegal for me to have a gun, so I guess you get to live until I can decide whether to use a legal knife, or legal rat poison, or a legal rope and stick to use as a garrotte, or a legal match to set fire to you, or just run you down with my legal car. But I can't break the law by using an illegal gun."

"Brother recalls Christmas call." The Dallas Morning News; December 30, 2011; p. 1B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, you started my day with a giggle! It's nuts, isn't it?!