Monday, February 6, 2012

More Obamacare

Did you know that starting in January of this year, the government charges a fee to your health insurance for research to find out which drugs, medical procedures, tests and treatments work best? Guess how your insurance plan pays for that fee? They increase your premium or reduce your benefit. And guess what else? The fee automatically increases with inflation, but I didn't see any provision for it being reduced if inflation decreases.

Not to mention that I don't want some bureaucrat deciding which drugs, medical procedures, tests and treatments work best for me. I prefer those decisions be made by my doctor and me.

So what does this boil down to? We are paying more for our insurance and being told what's good for us. Don't you just love Obamacare?

"New health plan fee to fund research gets mixed reaction." The Dallas Morning News; December 28, 2011; p. 6A.

No comments: