Friday, March 16, 2012

The Fallacy in Life without Parole

Death penalty opponents argue that life without the possibility of parole protects society better than the death penalty.

Tell that to Aubrey Hawkins family. George Rivas was serving more than a dozen life sentences when he escaped with the infamous Texas 7 and killed Officer Hawkins.

Thankfully, we know for sure he is no longer a threat. He was executed February 29.

The moral of the story? The only sure way to protect society from animals like Rivas is to put them down.

"Rivas put to death for Irving officer's slaying in 2000 robbery." The Dallas Morning News; March 1, 2012; p. 1A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! If I find a dangerous snake in my yard, do I put it in a container, feed it and see to it's needs and hope it doesn't escape or do I kill it and remove all threat? I KILL IT!