Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gosh she must be old!

Teresa Hawthorne is a state district judge in Dallas County. She doesn't believe in the death penalty and has ruled it unconstitutional. She says, "My decision is not an act of unabashed judicial activism. I remember when women and blacks could not vote. I remember when so-called witches were burned."
Gosh! If she's that old, that's one flattering photo! Black men have been able to vote since the close of the Civil War. Women of all colors have been guaranteed voting rights since 1920. And to my knowledge, witches haven't been burned in this country in 300 years. I want to know what kind of beauty cream this woman is using!

"Judge: Death penalty unlawful." The Dallas Morning News; December 25, 2011; p. 1B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahaha!!!