Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm so GRATEFUL!


Veronica Valles of Dallas is in love! She's also quite proud of herself. She says that she provides great service to her community for low pay and no health insurance or unemployment benefit.

She says that health insurance has become a luxury instead of a right. That's sort of like saying that having an automobile is a luxury instead of a right. It's expensive, it's almost necessary to have it, but that doesn't mean that someone else should buy it for you.

She says she is GRATEFUL (her emphasis) to President Obama for "allowing middle-class and lower-income citizens the right to health care." Allowing? I believe he demands it. The right to health care? That's something they've always had. And if she'll check, I think she'll find that the vast majority of middle-class and lower-income citizens still won't be able to afford it. Except those for whom the rest of us will be paying the premiums.

As I am prone to do, I did a little snooping on Veronica. She is a "practitioner" at some fruitcake church that sounds suspiciously like scientology. This is her little blurb on the website:

"My life is a sacred expression of love. My path is one of awakening you to the magnificence of your life, recognizing the unique gifts you bring into this world. My artistry is from the place of living in wonder and awe of the beauty of being.  My love of the DIVINE is a way of celebrating the GOOD that is all life." In a video clip of her on Youtube, she says that Ashram, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus -- it's all the same.

Veronica, if you're reading this, it's not all the same. There is one way -- Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, and no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Somehow, I'm not surprised she idolizes Obama.

"Grateful for Obamacare." The Dallas Morning News; March 26, 2014; p. 18A.

No comments: